Yields 2 servings/Time 35 minutes
Grilling lamb, especially in warm weather, is a true joy. Lamb leg steaks are lean and full of great flavor. They’re great with salad. We like them with this one filled with cucumbers, dill, lemon juice, feta, and cherry tomatoes. Pretend you’re in Greece. Or serve them with whatever salad you prefer. It’s a quick and simple recipe that serves two people. Double or triple it if you have more friends or family to feed — or just want more.
You will need:
2 bone-in lamb leg steaks
2 cucumbers, cut into large chunks
2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
5 to 6 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
2 lemons, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pint feta cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill to 350°F. If using charcoal, place hot coals on one side of the grill. If using gas, set one side to low and the other set to high.
- Salt leg steaks all over, then set aside to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When grill is heated, place leg steaks over indirect heat. Cook about 10 minutes per side, until well marked. Let rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice steaks into strips and serve with a few good spoonfuls of the cucumber and tomato salad.