The Applestone Meat Co.
The Applestone Meat Company, an innovative, rapidly-expanding organization that delivers high-quality, locally-sourced meat and charcuterie to customers in the Hudson Valley — including through our current store in Stone Ridge, NY and upcoming stores in Hudson, Scarsdale, and New York City — seeks a part-time Managing Editor for its editorial and marketing outreach, community and partnership development, and customer relationship management efforts.
The Managing Editor will identify and cultivate relationships with local businesses and marketing partners, drive customer engagement with our digital communication platforms and social media channels, advocate on behalf of our customers’ needs to our management team, and oversee the strategy, execution, and consistency of our outward-facing communications materials. Responsibilities include:
Marketing and Content Strategy
- Develop a customer-focused, integrated content marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Manage and execute all aspects of our current email and content marketing campaigns, and find, test and develop new channels
- Create original content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, our blog, and apps
- Conceive and execute digital marketing initiatives for Applestone Meat Company
- Schedule, publish, and edit content developed with content partners (recipe publishers, community influencers, chefs, farmers, etc.)
- Compile, analyze, and regularly report to the executive team on customer engagement metrics, looking for trends and takeaways that can inform potential operational successes or pitfalls.
- Create and manage our own live event programming such as cooking demonstrations, guest chef appearances, new store openings, etc.
- Oversee creation, execution, and editorial consistency of print materials
- Online Reviews Monitoring: Manage consumer engagement on Yelp, Google, and other reviews sites.
- Support the team during photo shoots and execute gift drops and inquiries for the different Applestone stores
- Ensure consistency of tone and implementation of style guidelines in all outward-facing materials
- Present, execute, track, and analyze brand campaigns to ensure future learning and improvement.
- Reach out to local and national media
- Represent Applestone at community and business events. Be a steward of the Applestone brand and public identity. Build relationships with local business owners and community organizations.
- Grow, oversee, and execute strategic partnerships, content collaborations, and events that grow awareness of brand.
- Manage our participation in local events and festivals
- Conduct ongoing customer research to inform new editorial, product and partnership initiatives
- Manage charity donations
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years experience in audience development, social media management, and editorial programming
- Experience in customer relationship management, preferably in a food or retail environment
- Experience in retail, marketing, and customer relationship management
- A team-first attitude
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfort with building and maintaining relationships with press and community leaders
- Creativity, problem-solving, grit and the ability to advocate for new and innovative ideas
- Experience managing multiple priorities and coordinating with team members in several locations
- Experience working in the food or sustainable products worlds
- Desire to work in a ground-breaking environment with colleagues who are passionate and self-motivated
- A taste for moving quickly and constantly experimenting
- A desire to actively contribute to an open sharing of ideas as we seek to continually improve our business.
Note: Frequent overnight travel between current and upcoming locations in the Hudson Valley will be required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org