The Applestone Meat Co.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Type: Driving & Delivery
- Schedule: Weekdays only (days TBD), Part-time, 10-25 hour work week, early morning start, no overnights
- Location: Main Street, Stone Ridge, NY
- Salary: $18.00 – 20.00/hour
- 45% product discount for all employees
- 5 annual paid holidays
- Driving to Mount Joy, PA to pick up whole animal carcasses and delivering them to the processing facility in Stone Ridge, NY — 1x per week
- Driving to and from Hudson, NY and Stone Ridge, NY to deliver packaged meat product to retail store location — 2-4x per week.
- Lifting heavy carcasses onto and off of a truck
- Following company policies regarding pick up and delivery of all meat products
- Driving a refrigerated van long distances
- Taking meat temperatures according to the company hazard control policies
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Maintaining and performing light maintenance on company vehicles
- Comply with state driving rules and regulations
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Able to drive long distances. Willing to work early mornings. Self-motivated and able to work independently. Communicative. Punctual and reliable. Willing to train the right person and invest in your understanding of food safety systems as they relate to transporting raw product.
You will be expected to share your work environment with meat and carcasses, so please do not be squeamish.
Full range of mobility required, including bending and crouching, as well as the ability to lift heavy items.
Candidates who are approved during the interview process will be asked to come in for a 3-5 day paid trial.
This job has the potential to turn into a full-time position in the future, for the right person.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Call 845-626-4444 for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org