We’re thrilled to be partnering with our good friend Matty Matheson on his show Just a Dash. Here’s Matty Matheson’s bollito misto recipe from Episode 8. Have your biggest pot ready to go.
Just A Dash Episode 8: Matty Matheson’s Bollito Misto
2 bone standing rib roast
2 to 3 marrow bones
1 side of pork ribs, cut into 3 pieces so they can fit in a pot
1 whole chicken
2 carrots, peeled
2 celery stalks, cut in half
1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into wedges
1 leek stalk, dark green removed
4 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
4 turnips, peeled and quartered
1 cup pearl onions, peeled
1 cup button mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped thyme
1. Place ribeye, bone marrow, and pork ribs in a very large pot. Cover with cold water and heat over high. Allow scum to rise to surface of water. Remove by skimming the surface of the liquid with a ladle. Discard. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Place chicken, vegetables, and herbs in pot, cover and continue to cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 1 more hour.
3. Remove meat and vegetables from broth and set aside.
4. Strain broth through a fine mesh sieve. Season with salt.
5. Slice meat.
6. Place a few slices of the various meats and vegetables into shallow bowl, ladle broth over and serve.