We’re thrilled to be partnering with our good friend Matty Matheson on his show Just a Dash. Here’s Matty Matheson’s cote-de-boeuf and green salad recipe from Episode 4.
Just A Dash Episode 4: Matty Matheson’s Cote-de-Boeuf and Green Salad
For the Cote-De-Boeuf
1 3-inch thick bone-in ribeye steak
1/2 cup butter, divided
4-5 sprigs thyme
3 garlic cloves
Wedge of lemon
FOR THE SALAD
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1/2 castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp. chopped mint
3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 small head Boston lettuce
1 small head little gem lettuce
1 small head red leaf lettuce
1. Season steak with salt and let come to room temperature.
2. Cover the surface of a large pan with canola oil, then heat over high. Sear steak on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Remove steak from pan. Pour out 1/2 the oil in the pan.
3. Add in half the butter and baste for 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Add in remaining butter, thyme, and garlic, and continue to baste until internal temperature reaches 125F, about another 5 minutes.
5. Remove steak from pan and let rest on a rack for 15 minutes.
6. Slice steak and drizzle with butter from pan. Squeeze lemon over slices.
7. To assemble the salad, mix all the ingredients except for the lettuces in a bowl. Place the lettuce leaves in the bowl and drizzle dressing over. Serve immediately.